What is Reverse Engineering?
The concept of reverse engineering has different meanings according to occupational groups.
In the manufacturing sector, where the design information of a manufactured product is not available,
the design information is recovered for the purpose of reproducing or improving the product.
How does the system work?
• The physical model is obtained in the digital environment by using three-dimensional digitization or scanning tools.
• A number of correction operations are applied on the obtained model.
• Corrected point cloud and curves Surfaces are obtained by using reverse engineering modules in CAD software.
• The final CAD data is obtained after the necessary final corrections are made on the obtained surface models.
Advantages of Reverse Engineering
• Obtaining design information of an existing part
• Treatment of damaged parts
• Examining and increasing model sensitivity
• Examination of competing products
• Checking castings
• Inspection and repair of deformed molds
Which Devices are Used in Reverse Engineering?
*Coordinate Measurement Machine, CMM
All kinds of dimensional measurements and tolerances such as parallelism, perpendicularity and ovality can be easily queried.
3D Laser and Optical Scanners
Optical and Laser scanners have the ability to generate geometric data by making 3D shots of complex shapes with special cameras.